- Relationship Between Changes in Bone Mineral Density (BMD) and Incidence of Fracture with 6 Years of Denosumab TreatmentLead Author: PD Miller, M.D., University of Colorado Health Science Center and Colorado Center for Bone Research(Abstract No. 1099; Oral Presentation; October 14)
- Nearly all women who received six years of denosumab treatment showed gains in BMD at the lumbar spine, total hip or femoral neck: 95 percent demonstrated gains of greater than six percent at any of these sites. The risk for new or worsening vertebral fracture and nonvertebral fracture decreased with increasing percentage change in total hip BMD over six years.
- Long-term Denosumab Treatment Maintains Low Incidence of Fracture in Postmenopausal Women >75 Years with Osteoporosis Lead Author: S. Papapoulos, M.D., Leiden University Medical Center (Abstract No. FR0391; Plenary Poster; October 12)
- Despite the increase in age of the patients during the pivotal Phase 3 fracture study extension, denosumab treatment continued to be associated with a low incidence of new vertebral, nonvertebral and hip fractures.
- The incidence of fractures in patients > 75 years in the study extension was similar to what was originally observed in women older than 75 years in the original pivotal Phase 3 fracture study.
- Effects of 5 Years of Denosumab on Bone Histology and Histomorphometry: FREEDOM Study ExtensionLead Author: JP Brown, M.D., Laval University and CHUQ(Abstract No. 1134; Oral Presentation; October 14)
- Denosumab treatment through five years resulted in normal bone quality with reduced bone turnover, consistent with its mechanism of action.
Amgen Presents Several Sub-Analyses At ASBMR From The Ongoing Open-Label Extension Study Of The Pivotal Phase 3 Prolia Fracture Trial
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.