Economy, Debates Reveal Obama, Biden Haven't Got What it Takes: Opinion
Dodd-Frank, championed by President Obama, is permitting those big banks to scarf up community banks and monopolize markets. Now those hardly pay any interest to the elderly on certificates of deposit but continue doling out unconscionable bonuses.
That sure grows the middle class -- taxing Grandma to pay Goldman Sachs!
Mr. Obama has made the tax code even more complicated, and harps daily he wants to raise rates on small businesses to finance more crony projects like Solyndra. He has crippled petroleum development in the Gulf, off the two coasts and in Alaska, and has proven too weak to deal effectively with Beijing on currency and trade.
Obama and Biden accuse Mitt Romney of wanting to take America back to the failed policies of President Bush.Mr. Romney would give Americans a good dose of what they want: a tax system they could understand; financial regulations that don't pay off Mr. Obama's Wall Street pals and abuse the elderly; freedom to develop American energy instead of stuffing the pockets of adversaries abroad and pick their own investments; and a whole lot less condescension and paternalism. During the debates, voters heard the same old same old about terrible problems inherited and watched Obama and Biden grin contemptuously, interrupt and fail to listen courteously to their opponents. No one has a corner on good ideas. Successful leaders listen to their competitors and embrace their successful approaches. No surprise Obama and Biden enjoy little success working with Republicans. They simply don't have what it takes to bring Americans together and move the country forward. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage. Follow @PMorici1
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV