Thursday's panel will only review mipomersen as a treatment for HoFH. In a phase III study, 34 patients treated with mipomersen for 26 weeks saw 25% reduction in LDL cholesterol compared to a 3% reduction in patients treated with a placebo.
Like with lomitapide, fatty liver and elevated liver enzyme levels were worrisome side effects recorded in the mipomersen phase III trial. Injection site reactions were also reported by 76% of mipomersen patients.
-- Reported by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV