BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Fans of FDA advisory panels have a riveting week of action ahead.
Starting Tuesday morning, outside experts invited by FDA will weigh the risks and benefits of three different drugs on three consecutive days. The recommendations that emerge from these FDA advisory panels will factor into the agency's approval decisions.
NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP) brings Gattex, a treatment for short bowel syndrome, in front of the Gastrointestinal Drugs Advisory Committee on Tuesday Oct. 16.
On Wednesday Oct. 17, the Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee convenes for two days of hearings to review drugs aimed at helping patients with a rare genetic disorder that causes extremely high levels of cholesterol to accumulate in their blood.The panel will review Aegerion Pharmaceuticals' (AEGR) lomitapide on Wednesday followed on Thursday by mipomersen, a drug developed by Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS) and the Genzyme unit of Sanofi (SNY). I will be live-blogging all three FDA advisory panels with play-by-play and analysis in real time from the opening gavels all the way through the final votes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV