BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Fans of FDA advisory panels have a riveting week of action ahead.
Starting Tuesday morning, outside experts invited by FDA will weigh the risks and benefits of three different drugs on three consecutive days. The recommendations that emerge from these FDA advisory panels will factor into the agency's approval decisions.
NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP) brings Gattex, a treatment for short bowel syndrome, in front of the Gastrointestinal Drugs Advisory Committee on Tuesday Oct. 16.
On Wednesday Oct. 17, the Endocrinologic and Metabolic Drugs Advisory Committee convenes for two days of hearings to review drugs aimed at helping patients with a rare genetic disorder that causes extremely high levels of cholesterol to accumulate in their blood.The panel will review Aegerion Pharmaceuticals' (AEGR) lomitapide on Wednesday followed on Thursday by mipomersen, a drug developed by Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS) and the Genzyme unit of Sanofi (SNY). I will be live-blogging all three FDA advisory panels with play-by-play and analysis in real time from the opening gavels all the way through the final votes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV