Romney Faults Obama on China Trade
By Kasie Hunt
PORTSMOUTH, Ohio -- Mitt Romney is attacking the Obama administration for delaying a decision about whether China is manipulating its currency to gain a trading edge.
A decision was due Monday, but the Treasury Department said Friday that it won't come before global finance officials meet in nearly November. That means a decision probably will be after the Nov. 6 presidential election.
Romney pointedly noted the delay during a speech Saturday at a rally in Portsmouth, Ohio.> > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll The GOP presidential nominee says that on his first day in office, he'll brand China a "currency manipulator" and work to end what he calls Beijing's cheating practices on trade. He says "it's got to stop." Romney says President Barack Obama has failed to hold China accountable and as a result, the U.S. has lost jobs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV