Giant Food Alerts Customers To Voluntary Recall Of Justin's Peanut Butter Cups
LANDOVER, Md., Oct. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Giant Food of Landover, Md., following a recall by Justin's, announced it removed from sale Justin's Organic Peanut Butter Cups due to possible salmonella contamination in the peanut butter.
The following products are included in this recall:
- Justin's Organic Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, UPC 89445500024, 1.4 oz., with best by dates of 11/11/11 through 3/23/13
- Justin's Organic Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, UPC 89445500025, 1.4 oz., with best by dates of 11/11/11 through 3/23/13
To date, Giant Food has received no reports of illnesses associated with consumption of this product. Customers who have purchased the product should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Giant for a full refund.
Consumption of food contaminated with Salmonella can cause salmonellosis, one of the most common bacterial foodborne illnesses. Salmonella infections can be life threatening, especially to those with weak immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy. The most common manifestations of salmonellosis are diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever within eight to 72 hours. Additional symptoms may be chills, headache, nausea and vomiting that can last up to seven days.Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Justin's at 303-449-9559. In addition customers may call Giant Customer Service at (888) 469-4426 for more information. Customers can also visit the Giant website at www.giantfood.com. About Giant Food of Landover, Md. Giant Food LLC, headquartered in Landover, Md., operates 171 supermarkets in Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and the District of Columbia, and employs approximately 22,000 associates. Included within the 171 stores are 157 full-service pharmacies. Giant is owned by Ahold USA, Inc. For more information on Giant, visit www.GiantFood.com . SOURCE Giant Food of Landover, Md.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV