Stop & Shop Alerts Customers To Voluntary Recall Of Justin's Peanut Butter Cups
QUINCY, Mass. and PURCHASE, N.Y., Oct. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC, following a recall by Justin's, announced it removed from sale Justin's Organic Peanut Butter Cups due to possible salmonella contamination in the peanut butter.
The following products are included in this recall:
- Justin's Organic Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, UPC 89445500024, 1.4 oz., with best by dates of 11/11/11 through 3/23/13
- Justin's Organic Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups, UPC 89445500025, 1.4 oz., with best by dates of 11/11/11 through 3/23/13
To date, Stop & Shop has received no reports of illnesses associated with consumption of this product. Customers who have purchased the product should discard any unused portions and bring their purchase receipt to Stop & Shop for a full refund.
Consumption of food contaminated with Salmonella can cause salmonellosis, one of the most common bacterial foodborne illnesses. Salmonella infections can be life threatening, especially to those with weak immune systems, such as infants, the elderly and persons with HIV infection or undergoing chemotherapy. The most common manifestations of salmonellosis are diarrhea, abdominal cramps, and fever within eight to 72 hours. Additional symptoms may be chills, headache, nausea and vomiting that can last up to seven days.Consumers looking for additional information on the recall may call Justin's at 303-449-9559. In addition customers may call Stop & Shop Customer Service at (800) 767-7772 for more information. Customers can also visit the Stop & Shop website at www.stopandshop.com. About Stop & Shop The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company employs approximately 62,000 associates and operates more than 400 stores throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, New York, and New Jersey. The company helps support local communities fight hunger, combat childhood cancer and promote general health and wellness – with emphasis on children's educational and support programs. In its commitment to be a sustainable company, Stop & Shop is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council and EPA's Smart Way program; has been awarded LEED (EB) certifications for 50 of its existing stores; and has been recognized by the EPA for the superior energy management of its stores. Stop & Shop is an Ahold company. To learn more about Stop & Shop, visit www.stopandshop.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV