Over the last month and the last three months, this exchange-traded tracker has outperformed all but one of the nine S&P Style indices ( Large Cap Value). Presently, it is above a 50-day as well as its 200-day.
Unfortunately, RWL typically serves up 30,000 shares in daily trading volume ($800,000 in dollar volume). This is not as attractive for institutional investors who purchase tens of thousands of ETF shares in bulk and who trade with some degree of frequency. Yet an individual investor who believes that revenues are much more difficult to manipulate than profits, or who believes that lower P/S (price-to-sales) ratios reflect greater bargains, may want to lean toward this revenue-weighted index fund.
You can listen to the ETF Expert Radio Show "LIVE", via podcast or on your iPod. You can follow me on Twitter @ETFexpert.This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV