Returning to the "Breaking Bad" series, Cranston said that even the drug trade needs smart people to run highly efficient operations, just as the rest of the business world. "These are smart, careful people," he added.
Cramer said while he doesn't condone the drug trade, he said that viewers of the series can sure learn a lot about how to run a successful small enterprise.
No Huddle Offense
In his "No Huddle Offense" segment, Cramer opined on today's Workday (WDAY) initial public offering, a deal that was priced into the stratosphere at 40 times sales, even though the company has no earnings.
Cramer said that on the surface it may seem like a repeat of the 1999 dot-com blast zone, but if you think about it Workday's valuation makes sense.He said unlike the Facebook (FB) IPO, Workday did everything right. Management was not selling on the deal, they were buying. The company priced the deal low and wasn't greedy. Finally, Workday offered 14% of their stock to the public, instead of a tiny sliver that would create incredible demand. Cramer said in an environment where technology is unseasonably weak outside of Apple (AAPL) and a handful of others, it makes "a ton of sense" that investors are willing to pay up for a company with sustainable long-term growth. -- Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV