LAWRENCE, Mass., Oct. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- NxStage® Medical, Inc. (Nasdaq: NXTM), a leading manufacturer of innovative dialysis products, will participate in the National Kidney Foundation (NKF) New York City Kidney Walk with an on-site patient education tent and a team of company walking volunteers joined by Pitbull's recording artist David RUSH, a former NxStage® System One™ patient.
The National Kidney Foundation's Kidney Walk brings together kidney patients, transplant recipients, donors, families, the medical and business communities and the general public to raise awareness and funds in the fight against kidney disease, and to promote organ donation. Walks are scheduled throughout the country from February through October. The New York City 5K walk will take place Sunday, October 14 at the South Street Seaport in Manhattan.As a regional sponsor of the NKF Kidney Walks in the Northeast, NxStage will host a patient education tent at the event featuring materials and patient advocates to help patients, caregivers and the public learn about home hemodialysis with the System One, and participate in the walk. To highlight these efforts, NxStage team member, RUSH, 30, will share his experiences as a NxStage System One home hemodialysis dialyzor and subsequent transplant patient. RUSH adopted home hemodialysis because his three-times-a-week in-center treatment schedule left him feeling ill and fatigued; imposing a significant burden on his musical career that included touring with renowned hip hop artist Pitbull. In 2010, RUSH received a kidney transplant from his brother, Dwaine, who will also attend the event. RUSH believes that more frequent treatments with the NxStage System One helped him to increase his energy, enabling him to lose weight and improve his health enough to qualify for a kidney transplant. Recently, he and his wife, Naomi, welcomed their second child.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV