Velti (NASDAQ: VELT), the leading global provider of mobile marketing and advertising technology, today released its September 'State of Mobile Advertising' report, which shows that iOS gained a 5 percent market share lead over Android and now accounts for 62 percent of mobile ad impressions (compared to Android’s 38 percent). Velti also reports that just under half of all iPhone 5 impressions came from the U.S., followed by Japan with 14 percent, and the UK with eight percent of impressions.
Additionally, Velti data reveals that, although iOS 6 saw quick adoption among a large amount of users, 11% of users have opted not to upgrade to the operating system and remain using iOS 4.
“In July and August, Android held prevalent market share in a year that was previously dominated by iOS—but September marks an end to this trend,” said Krishna Subramanian, CMO of Velti. “We are seeing a pattern that leads us to believe the shift back to iOS domination is a result of the iOS 6 release and iPhone 5 launch. In fact, this is similar to the change we saw directly after the iPhone 4S release, when iOS volume also spiked by five percent.”
Velti’s September report also reveals insight into engagement patterns of iPhone 5 early adopters. Consumers were eager to try out their favorite apps on their new devices—Velti’s data shows consumers spent 27 percent of their time on social networking applications, followed by games (22 percent) and entertainment and utility apps (13 percent each).Despite Apple’s prevalence in the U.S. and excitement around the iPhone 5 launch, other regions are not necessarily following suit. The new Velti data shows that Samsung is the clear leader in its home market of Korea, and it is the #1 smartphone, with a sizeable margin, in impression share there. Apple’s devices are relegated to the third and fifth places in the country (iPhone 3 and iPhone 4 respectively).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV