SPX (SPW) is a global multi-industry manufacturing company that offers highly specialized engineered solutions to solve critical problems for customers. This stock is trading up 2.3% at $68.41 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 420,000Average Volume: 574,597 Volume % Change: 50% >>5 Big Stocks to Trade This Earnings Season From a technical perspective, SPW is trending modestly higher here with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing SPW within range of its 200-day at $68.84, and within range of a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once SPW manages to take out its 200-day and some near-term overhead resistance levels at $69.65 to $71.17 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in SPW as long as its trending above its 200-day, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 574,597 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for SPW to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $76.32 to $78.82. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising on Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV