Vivus (VVUS) is a biopharmaceutical company engaged in the development and commercialization of therapeutic products for large underserved markets. This stock is trading up 4.1% at $22.92 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 2.3 millionAverage Volume: 4.9 million Volume % Change: 50% >>5 Stock Under $10 Set to Soar From a technical perspective, VVUS is bouncing hard to the upside here right around its 50-day moving average of $21.35 with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing VVUS within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once VVUS manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance at $24.86 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in VVUS as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $21.35, and then once it sustains a move or close above $24.86 with volume that hits near or above 4.9 million shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then VVUS has tremendous upside since its next major overhead resistance level sits at $29 to $31.21.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV