Aegerion Pharmaceuticals (AEGR) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and commercialization of therapeutics to treat lipid disorders. This stock is trading up 12.4% at $15.72 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 470,000Average Volume: 159,248 Volume % Change: 449% Shares of AEGR are soaring today after Capstone initiated coverage on the stock with a buy rating and set a $21 price target. >>Stocks With Recent Analyst Upgrades From a technical perspective, AEGR is blasting higher here back above both its 50-day at $14.47 and its 200-day at $14.87 with above-average volume. This move is quickly pushing AEGR within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once AEGR manages to clear some near-term overhead resistance levels at $15.48 to $16.08 with high volume. At last check, AEGR has hit an intraday high of $16 with volume that's well above its three-month average action of 159,248 shares. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in AEGR as long as it's trending above its 200-day at $14.87, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that's near or above 149,248 shares. If that breakout hits soon, then look for AEGR to re-test or possibly take out its next significant overhead resistance levels at $17.20 to $17.72.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV