Vrdolyak Law Group Asks Governor Quinn And Illinois Law Makers To Change Laws That Favor Big-Business Insurance Companies Over The Injured
CHICAGO, Oct. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --The Vrdolyak Law Group sent a letter to Governor, Pat Quinn; Speaker of the House, Michael Madigan; and Senate President, John Cullerton petitioning tort reform of laws that favor big-business insurance companies over the average injured individual in personal injury cases that have gone to trial.
The four specific areas of law that Vrdolyak Law Group wants changed are
- Insurance - Currently, juries cannot be informed whether or not a defendant has automobile insurance.
- Tickets - Currently, juries cannot be informed that the defendant was issued a ticket by the police at the scene of the accident.
- Fixed or Repaired Defects - Currently, juries cannot be informed that the defendant fixed or repaired the alleged hazard or defect which was the subject of the case.
- Sued Before - Currently, juries in medical malpractice cases cannot be informed whether the Doctor/defendant has been sued for a similar negligence in the past.
"These areas can be of paramount importance to winning your case, yet currently, it is against the law for juries to have ANY knowledge about them," said Attorney Edward J. Vrdolyak.
"Tort reform should NOT be synonymous with saving money for big business or big insurance, but should be about fundamental fairness, justice and an honest and equitable legal system," added Attorney Peter Vrdolyak."It makes no sense whatsoever that the State of Illinois requires all drivers to have automobile insurance, but Illinois courts prohibit and prevent juries from ever hearing about it," Attorney John Vrdolyak ended. The Vrdolyak Law Group submitted their letter, but have yet to receive a response from Quinn, Madigan or Cullerton. Read more about this issue at http://www.vrdolyak.com The Vrdolyak Law Group – founded in 1963, has grown into a well-known law firm recognized as a premier personal injury, medical malpractice and workers' compensation law firm, with a team of attorneys experienced in a wide range of other practice areas. The firm has three locations in Chicagoland, and is managed by Attorneys Edward J. Vrdolyak, Jr., John K. Vrdolyak, and Peter T. Vrdolyak.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV