A Nobel Prize for Hypocrisy: Opinion
What makes this sham award the epitome of hypocrisy is that the shameless Nobel "jury" explicitly acknowledges that: "...the financial crisis challenging the bloc's unity could lead to a return to "extremism and nationalism."
What the Nobel hypocrites somehow managed to omit was that they were handing their Peace Prize to the architects of this financial crisis. Even the headline written by Associated Press explicitly acknowledges the hypocrisy of this award: "Despite debt crisis, European Union wins Nobel Peace Prize."
Indeed, for any naive readers who still view Nobel Prizes as meaningful/prestigious awards its 2012 decision is, at best, totally baffling. Not only has the EU failed to solve this debt crisis/unity crisis, not only has it failed to make the slightest progress here but the situation is rapidly deteriorating.
In 2012 alone, the EU instigated the Greek debt default and it formally imposed its austerity on Spain (which is now also plummeting toward bankruptcy). Meanwhile, the overall economy of the EU has deteriorated to such a degree (thanks to EU incompetency) that these banker-traitors recently announced the ultimate desperation measure: "unlimited" buying of EU-member bonds and the unlimited money-printing needed to finance those purchases.This one, ultra-extreme measure demonstrates by itself that everything the EU has done to "rescue" the economies of Europe has been a total failure. First of all, it explicitly turns the entire European debt market into a genuine Ponzi-scheme where only exponential infusions of newly-printed money can delay the complete implosion (in domino-like fashion) of all these individual debt markets. Second, as I detailed in a
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV