Today Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:HOT) and Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc. (NYSE:HST) announce the grand opening of The Westin New York Grand Central. The new hotel opens in the former New York Helmsley Hotel after the completion of a $75 million renovation. The brand’s second Manhattan hotel features a complete redesign of the hotel’s interior including 774 spacious guest rooms equipped with Westin’s signature amenities, more than 12,000 square feet of meeting space with the latest technology, a 3,000-square-foot WestinWORKOUT® fitness studio and the upcoming addition of THE LCL: Bar & Kitchen, NYC, the first bar and food concept from Gerber Group in a Westin property. Tonight, as part of the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) global music program On Tour with SPG: Hear the Music, See the World, Ben Folds Five will offer a private performance for SPG members.
The Westin New York Grand Central joins its sister property, The Westin New York at Times Square, as a business epicenter in midtown Manhattan. Located just blocks away from both Grand Central Terminal and the United Nations, the hotel maintains its New York City landmark status while providing guests the premium Westin experience with signature amenities and services designed to inspire well-being in a sophisticated and elegant setting.
“We have greatly anticipated the opening of The Westin New York Grand Central as it marks a new era for this historic hotel and its neighborhood, said Brian Povinelli, Global Brand Leader, Westin Hotels & Resorts. “Our new landmark property will become a hub for both business and leisure travelers due to its prime location and the draw of the signature Westin experience, designed to provide our guests a bit of well-being in the center of bustling New York City.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV