The P/E ratio is a little high at 31.35 compared to the 15.30 P/E of the market. The 1.8% dividend rate is about 50% of projected earnings and is slightly lower than the 2.3% dividend rate of the market. The company has an A+ financial strength rating being flush with cash to fund expansion and has no long term debt. Since the company has revenue from Canada, Europe and Asia it is subject to currency translations.
Investor interest: The professional analysts have released one buy, nine hold and two underperform recommendations but the consensus is that investors should see a total annual return in the 8%-10% range over the next five years.
I like to use the readers of Motley Fool as my gauge of the individual investors' sentiment and 862 Fool readers gave the stock a 93% vote of confidence to beat the market. TheStreet gives the stock an A+ rating. During the year the short sellers closed out positions from a high of 21 million share in January to about 14 million shares recently.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV