BROOMFIELD, Colo., Oct. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ball Corporation (NYSE: BLL), the largest beverage can company in the world, has teamed with Oskar Blues Brewery of Longmont, Colo., to introduce the first beer packaged in a "Royal Pint" (568-mL) can to the North American market. Oskar Blues will launch its signature brew, Dale's Pale Ale, in the supersized can today at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver.
" 2012 marks the tenth anniversary of the debut of Dale's Pale Ale as the first craft beer available in recyclable aluminum cans in North America," said Chad Melis, marketing director for Oskar Blues Brewery. "We wanted to go big with our anniversary celebration and launching Dale's in Ball's new Royal Pint size is another first for Oskar Blues."
The Dale's Pale Ale Royal Pint will initially feature special edition graphics and will later be available with the same signature graphics as the Dale's Pale Ale 12-oz. aluminum can. Ball is the only can manufacturer in North America to make the Royal Pint, which is approximately the height of a 24-oz. can and the diameter of a 16-oz. can. Oskar Blues is the first brewer in North America – craft or otherwise – to package beer in the unique, sleek-looking can."The 568-mL can offers our North American customers a new option to differentiate their brands and appeal to consumers," said Robert M. Miles, senior vice president, sales, for Ball's metal beverage packaging division, Americas. "Can size is an important element of branding and it is fitting that Oskar Blues is commemorating this special anniversary in a can size that is new to North America." As with all Ball aluminum beverage cans and aluminum bottles, the 568mL can contains the highest percent of recycled content on average of any beverage package, chills quickly, is stackable and 100 percent recyclable.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV