Seahorse Bioscience Announces Neuroscience 2012 Travel Award Winners
BILLERICA, Mass., Oct. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Seahorse Bioscience, the world leader in manufacturing instrumentation and assay kits for measuring cell metabolism, announces travel award recipients, who will be presenting data generated with the Seahorse XF Analyzer at the Neuroscience 2012 Conference, in New Orleans, Oct 13-17.
- Shannon Rose Ph.D., postdoctoral fellow in Autism Research, at the Arkansas Children's Hospital Research Institute, in Little Rock, AR. Poster title: Increased Susceptibility to Reactive Oxygen Species in Autism Lymphoblastoid Cells is mediated by Mitochondrial Dysfunction.
- Nathan Fried, Ph.D. candidate of Dr. Michael Oshinsky at the Jefferson Headache Centre, Department of Neurology, at Thomas Jefferson University, in Philadelphia, PA. Poster title: Mitochondrial Dysfunction in a Rat Model of Chronic Migraine.
- Emily Cronin-Furman, Ph.D. candidate of Dr. Patricia A. Trimmer at the Virginia Commonwealth University, in Richmond, VA. Poster title: Decline in mitochondrial function after autophagic stress in a human Parkinson's disease cell model.
Seahorse XF Extracellular Flux Analyzers and stress test kits are the industry Gold Standard for simultaneously measuring the two major energy pathways of the cell - mitochondrial respiration and glycolysis - in a microplate, in real-time.
"Our lab is using the Seahorse XF to help explore the specific mitochondrial electron transport chain deficiencies observed in a novel human Parkinson's Disease cell model. The opportunity to study mitochondrial bioenergetics in adherent cells is unique to the Seahorse XF technology," stated Dr. Patricia A. Trimmer, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Virginia Commonwealth University. "With our cell model, we hope to use the Seahorse to develop therapies that can specifically improve mitochondrial function in Parkinson's Disease."
Seahorse supports the exploration of cell metabolism through travel awards that are offered to graduate students, post-doctoral researchers, and young investigators who present a talk or poster citing data generated on the XF platform at scientific meetings and conferences. Through this program, Seahorse seeks to increase the body of knowledge that is enabling new discoveries about the role of cell metabolism in pathophysiology.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV