Background: Halliburton provides various products and services to the energy industry for exploring, developing, and producing oil and natural gas worldwide. It operates in two segments, completion and production, and drilling and evaluation. The company was founded in 1919 and is based in Houston, Texas. Halliburton trades an average of 13 million shares per day with a marketcap of $32 billion.
52-Week Range: $26.28 to $40.43Book Value: $15.70 Price to Book: 2.1 Investors aren't expecting an improvement in earnings. Analysts forecast per share results below last year in the same quarter. The earnings release is planned before the market opens on Oct. 17. The consensus estimate is currently 68 cents a share, backsliding 26 cents (27.7%) from 94 cents during the matching period in the previous year. The lowest analyst estimate for this report is 60 cents per share, and the highest is 75 cents per share. Real Money's Dick Arms writes about Halliburton in
I use Zacks.com, WSJ.com, Tradestation, and Reuters for my data. PE is generally adjusted PE based on an average number of shares. Author does not hold a position in any stock mentioned. Follow @RobertWeinstein This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV