Lantiq Announces AnyWAN, Simplifies Broadband Gateway Development With Powerful Modular Design Approach
MUNICH and NEUBIBERG, Germany, Oct. 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Lantiq, a leading supplier of broadband access and home networking technologies, today introduced AnyWAN™, a system architecture and design approach that simplifies and accelerates implementation of broadband customer premise gateways. Based on Lantiq system chips and its Universal Gateway (UGW) software, the AnyWAN approach provides broadband equipment suppliers with the flexibility to build gateways supporting an array of wide area network (WAN) interfaces and local network connectivity options from a single base design.
In demonstrations this week at Broadband World Forum (BBWF) in Amsterdam (Booth C4), Lantiq will show an AnyWAN proof-of-concept system capable of supporting broadband access delivered via ADSL2/2+ or VDSL2, Ethernet, GPON, or LTE. In-home networking supported on the system includes Gbit Ethernet, Wi-Fi™, DECT/CAT-iq, powerline and other home networking links as well as telephony services including both legacy and VoIP.
Modular Principle Lowers Costs, Simplifies System Support
- Equipment providers in the past designed separate systems to support different WAN architectures. Today, an AnyWAN-based design allows a standardized gateway system board and standardized system software to support several different connectivity options. Reduced design cycles and a common base platform provide cost and time to market advantages, particularly for OEMs and ODMs supporting multiple network operators in different global locations.
- Network operators will realize implementation and deployment advantages with AnyWAN-based systems based on the ability to re-use up to 90% of the system code across different versions of the base platform, thus lowering system test and support costs.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts