India Industrial Output Rose 2.7 Percent In August
"We think the Reserve Bank will have a tough time to reason out a rate cut if inflation remains worrisome," she said. "If the Reserve Bank does cut the rate it will be surprising."
The World Bank and the International Monetary Fund earlier this week cut their predictions for India's economic growth. The World Bank expects India's economy to grow 6 percent for the year, and the International Monetary Fund forecasts growth of just 4.9 percent, down from its earlier projection of 6.1 percent.
The government also revised its July industrial production data, saying output contracted 0.2 percent, down from its earlier estimate of 0.1 percent growth.
August's uptick was the biggest rise in industrial output since February, according to FactSet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV