NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Don't let improved housing numbers fool you: Even celebrities are having a tough time moving property in this market.
Existing home sales are up, existing housing prices are moving north and mortgage interest rates continue their dive below 4%. That's great for the average schmoe with a condo who just finished riding out the housing bust, but for folks hanging on to sprawling estates with more bathrooms than the average home has rooms, those 2000s displays of big-rimmed, bejeweled opulence just aren't coming back.
While mansion moving isn't nearly as difficult a task as it was at the peak of the housing market collapse, there are still some celebrities who can't unload their seven- to eight-figure homes. We thumbed through the listings and, with help from Zillow (Z) and Trulia, found five celebrity homes that haven't budged despite price drops and multiple market postings:
50 Cent's Connecticut mansion
Asking price: $10 million
Former heavyweight champ Mike Tyson wasn't tight with a dollar, and the sprawling Farmington, Conn., estate he left behind is a testament to that spending.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV