Benchmark oil gained 82 cents to close at $92.07 per barrel. Brent crude, which is used to price international varieties of oil, rose $1.50 to $114.68 on the ICE Futures exchange in London.
Heating oil rose 4 cents to $3.26 per gallon. Wholesale gasoline fell less than a penny to $2.956 per gallon. The government said the nation's gasoline inventories fell by a half-million barrels and are near the low end of the average range. Natural gas added 13 cents to $3.60 per 1,000 cubic feet.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV