The Company’s efficiency ratio for the quarter ended September 30, 2012 was 47.0% compared to 50.8% for the third quarter of 2011 and 45.4% for the second quarter of 2012.
Non-interest expense for the first nine months of 2012 was $84.6 million, a 9.2% decrease from $93.2 million for the first nine months of 2011. Non-interest expense for the first nine months of 2011 included pre-tax acquisition and conversion costs related to FDIC-assisted acquisitions of approximately $5.5 million. There were no acquisition and conversion costs included in the Company’s results for the first nine months of 2012.
The Company’s efficiency ratio for the first nine months of 2012 was 46.7% compared to 39.9% for the first nine months of 2011.
ASSET QUALITY, CHARGE-OFFS AND ALLOWANCELoans, repossessions and foreclosed assets covered by FDIC loss share agreements, along with the related FDIC loss share receivable, are presented in the Company’s financial reports with a carrying value equal to the net present value of expected future proceeds. At September 30, 2012, the carrying value of covered loans was $653 million, foreclosed assets covered by loss share was $58 million and the FDIC loss share receivable was $175 million. At September 30, 2011, the carrying value of covered loans was $860 million, foreclosed assets covered by loss share was $73 million and the FDIC loss share receivable was $324 million. Excluding covered loans, nonperforming loans and leases as a percent of total loans and leases improved to 0.44% as of September 30, 2012 compared to 1.22% as of September 30, 2011 and 0.50% as of June 30, 2012. Excluding covered loans and foreclosed assets covered by loss share, nonperforming assets as a percent of total assets improved to 0.59% as of September 30, 2012 compared to 1.45% as of September 30, 2011 and 0.63% as of June 30, 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV