Genesee & Wyoming Inc. (GWI) (NYSE: GWR) today reported traffic volumes for September 2012 and the third quarter of 2012.
GWI’s traffic in September 2012 was 79,239 carloads, a decrease of 4,369 carloads, or 5.2 percent, compared with September 2011. GWI’s traffic in the third quarter of 2012 was 242,783 carloads, a decrease of 13,407 carloads, or 5.2 percent, compared to the third quarter of 2011.
The table below sets forth consolidated carloading information for September 2012 and September 2011. Additional carload information for GWI’s North American and Australian operations is included as an exhibit to this press release.
|Genesee & Wyoming Inc.|
|by Commodity Group||September||September|
|Coal & Coke||18,095||18,821||-3.9%|
|Minerals & Stone||10,927||12,459||-12.3%|
|Pulp & Paper||8,323||8,024||3.7%|
|Lumber & Forest Products||6,266||5,481||14.3%|
|Farm & Food Products||5,922||9,100||-34.9%|
|Chemicals & Plastics||5,173||5,238||-1.2%|
|Autos & Auto Parts||904||718||25.9%|
|* - Represents intermodal units|
|** - Includes carloads and intermodal units|
Excluding 129 carloads from the Hilton Albany Railroad, Inc.(HAL), which commenced operations on January 1, 2012, and 1,230 carloads from the Columbus & Chattahoochee Railroad (CCH), which commenced operations on July 1, 2012, same-railroad traffic in September 2012 decreased 5,728 carloads, or 6.9 percent, compared with September 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV