Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
Every day in the markets the bulls and the bears are duking it out to win the hearts and minds of investors, and there seems to be little hope for a compromise. Cramer identified six such battlegrounds.The first battleground is employment, with the bears crying foul over recent upticks in hiring but the bulls seeing some reasons for hope and buying into retail stocks such as Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) and Costco (COST). The second battle is over the looming fiscal cliff. The bears see it as an unsurmountable Everest, but the bulls view it more as a bump in the road. Then there's the battle over where corporate earnings are headed in 2013. The bears cite FedEx (FDX) and its two guide-downs, but the bulls look to FedEx's positive comments for 2013 and beyond. Next is China, said Cramer, where Alcoa (AA) continues to disappoint, but also offered some glimmer of hope that things will improve in late 2013. There's also been a battle on the mergers and acquisitions front, and countless initial public offerings have been closing below their openings and drifting lower thereafter. But the bulls saw this trend end today with a handful of prominent IPOs that all closed higher. Finally, Cramer said there's a battle over Apple (AAPL), a stock he owns for his charitable trust,
Looking for ValueCramer's always on the hunt for stocks that represent good value, which is why Dean Foods (DF) caught his attention after the stock fell from $17 a share to just $14.65 despite the company's recent announcement that its spinning off its WhiteWave-Alpro organic food division. Cramer said Dean Foods is a classic case of a company being worth less than the sum of its parts. But in this case he doesn't need to speculate on what could happen in the event of a spin-off because the company has already announced not one, but two.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV