Operating income increased 25% over the prior year. Positive results from steady load growth, improved container utilization and drayage efficiencies contributed to better overall network balance. Cost increases in rail purchase transportation and from shortages in the available driver market partially offset the benefits of improved operations.
Dedicated Contract Services (DCS)
- Third Quarter 2012 Segment Revenue: $273 million; up 1%
- Third Quarter 2012 Operating Income: $25.6 million; down 14%
DCS revenue increased 1% during the current quarter while revenue excluding fuel surcharges also increased 1%. Productivity (revenue per truck per week) decreased approximately 2% vs. 2011. New accounts provided a net additional 338 revenue producing trucks over the same period 2011.
Operating income decreased by 14% from a year ago primarily related to implementation costs incurred during the current quarter from several new customer accounts starting during the past four months. These implementation costs include, but are not limited to, significant efforts in driver hiring due to shortened lead times for contract start dates, personnel travel and relocation costs, equipment repositioning and costs to establish necessary telecommunications and operational system infrastructure. In addition to the higher implementation costs incurred during the quarter, safety, worker’s compensation and employee health care costs were a combined 15% higher than same quarter 2011.Integrated Capacity Solutions (ICS)
- Third Quarter 2012 Segment Revenue: $121 million; up 30%
- Third Quarter 2012 Operating Income: $5.5 million; up 43%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV