Fortuna Silver Mines
Fortuna Silver Mines (FSM) is engaged in silver mining and related activities in Latin America, including exploration, extraction and processing. This stock is trading up 6.8% to $5.15 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $4.93-$5.1652-Week Range: $3.10-$7.67 Volume: 165,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 238,088 From a technical perspective, FSM is blasting higher here back above both its 50-day at $4.84 and its 200-day at $4.85 with decent volume. This move is quickly pushing FSM within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once FSM manages to take out some near-term overhead resistance at $5.50 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in FSM as long as its trending above both its 50-day and 200-day moving averages, and then once it sustains a move or close above $5.50 with volume that hits near or above 238,088 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then FSM will setup to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $6 to $7. To see more stocks under-$10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV