Canadian Solar (CSIQ) designs, develops, manufactures and sells solar cell and solar module products that convert sunlight into electricity. This stock is trading up 5.7% to $2.78 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $2.64-$2.8252-Week Range: $2.07-$4.74 Volume: 125,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 375,131 Share of CSIQ are ripping higher today after the Obama administration upheld tariffs on Chinese solar panels. >>3 Tech Stocks Hedge Funds Are Buying From a technical perspective, CSIQ is bouncing higher here with light volume right near some previous support levels at $2.56 to $2.58. This move is quickly pushing CSIQ within range of triggering a near-term breakout trade. That trade will hit once CSIQ manages to take out its 50-day moving average of $2.85 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in CSIQ once it manages to clear its 50-day with volume that hits near or above 375,131 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then look for CSIQ to re-test or possibly take out its next significant overhead resistance levels at $3.25 to $3.40. Any high-volume move above those levels could setup CSIQ for a run back to $3.70 or $4 in the near future. To see more stocks that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV