Jensen: A Pair of Names Worth Banking On
TheStreet Premium Services
A complimentary preview
of Real Money
Wells Fargo (WFC) is an over $200 billion market capitalization bank with over 250,000 employees. It is the largest residential lender in the country.
- The stock yields 2.5% at just under a 30% payout ratio. The company also has quadrupled its dividend payouts since emerging from the financial crisis.
- It has slightly beat earnings estimates the last three quarters and I would look for that to continue when the company reports earnings tomorrow.
- WFC is selling for less than 10x forward earnings and has a very reasonable five year projected PEG (1.24) for a dividend payer.
- USB yields 2.2%, has a payout ratio of under 30% and has almost quadrupled its payout since 2009.
- Consensus earnings estimates have ticked up nicely over the past 90 days for fiscal 2012 and fiscal 2013. The company has also slightly beat earnings estimates each of the last six quarters.
- The company sports an A+ rated balance sheet, sells at 11.3x forward earnings and S&P rates its fundamentals (Credit Quality, Loan Growth, etc.) as the best among major banks.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.