NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- As Apple (AAPL) reportedly gets set to announce its latest big product, the iPad Mini (kinda ironic a Mini would be a big product, no?), accessory makers are apparently already gearing up to design products for the smaller tablet.
Apple-devoted blog AppleInsider Thursday posted some blueprints from an Apple retailer that mention display cases for iPad Mini accessories.
It's not known when Apple will announce the 7.85-inch tablet, with many analysts and media members (including yours truly) expecting invites to have been sent out yesterday for a Oct. 17 event. Apple is slated to report its fiscal fourth-quarter results on Oct. 25 so the next likely date is sometime after that, perhaps around Halloween or early November.The smaller tablet may be slightly thinner than the iPad 2, and have a similar thickness to the iPod Touch. It's also possible that Apple includes its new A6 chip, which is in the iPhone 5, or it may use the A5X, which is in the new iPad. Apple's iPad Mini: What It Means for Investors The Wall Street Journal reported that Apple is ordering up to 10 million units of the iPad Mini for the all important fiscal first quarter, according to some Asian component suppliers, as the company bets big on the iPad Mini for the holiday season. Shares of Apple were lower in Thursday trading, off 1.55% to $630.95. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. --Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV