Nearest Resistance: $1
Nearest Support: N/ACatalyst: Technical Setup The opposite setup is taking place in shares of Paris-based communications stock Alcatel-Lucent (ALU). This stock looks definitively bearish right now. >>5 Stocks Poised to Pop on Bullish Earnings Put simply, ALU can't seem to catch a bid. Shares broke down below previous support at $1 this week, dropping down to a 23-year low for shares that exacerbates ALU's losses in 2012 to 40%. The fact that shares just broke through support at $1 is significant - it means that any buyers who previously were willing to step in and buy what they perceived to be a bargain are now gone at that price. Until this stock catches a bid, I'd stay as far from the long-side of ALU as possible. Shorts have a chance to see shares go lower from here. I'd recommend putting in a stop just above a buck. To see these stocks in action, check out the at Most-Active Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV