5. Tessera's Travel Tips
Have no fear all you Californians getting killed by $5 bucks a gallon gas. Thanks to our friends at Tessera Technologies (TSRA), we have found a solution to ease your pump pain: Commute from Connecticut instead.
No joshing. According to regulatory filings released late last week, the semiconductor and digital optics company plans to pay its CEO Robert Young a whopping $150,000 per year to shuttle back and forth between his Connecticut home and Tessera's San Jose offices. The stipend comes on top of Young's $684,000 annual base salary for 2012, and a bonus that can reach up to 100% of that amount.
Oh yeah, let's not forget the 550,000 stock options Young will be able to vest if he spins off one of his two divisions, or the $1.6 million in total compensation he pocketed last year.You see Golden Staters! If Tessera is giving Young all that extra travel cash when he doesn't even need it, imagine what your company will give cash-strapped straphangers like yourselves! Furthermore, don't be dissuaded from asking for the additional dough if your company is losing money. Tessera lost $8.5 million in the first half of the year and still found the scratch to compensate Young for his cross country commute. "The 2012 compensation arrangement provides an additional financial incentive for Bob to pursue a key strategic alternative, and reflects the board's continuing efforts to closely align executive compensation with the best interests of stockholders," said company chairman Robert J. Boehlke about Young's arrangement. Hey, its good work if you can get it. And even better if you can get it 3,000 miles away.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV