Nearest Resistance: $29
Nearest Support: $23.50Catalyst: New Store Concept Attention >>4 Retail Stocks Rising on Big Volume Finally, department store retailer J.C. Penney (JCP) is getting plenty of buying attention today following increased media coverage of the firm's new store-within-a-store concept. With investors growing impatient over a turnaround, shares of JCP have been under downward pressure for much of 2012, but the first trickles of good news surrounding the new stores could help buy management more time to pull off their big moves. Shares are up around 7.5% today on high volume as I write. J.C. Penney is looking attractive from a technical standpoint too. While the stock started pulling back in September, it's been forming a rounding bottom for the past couple of weeks. Even though today's move higher is dramatic, shares are still a whole lot closer to support at $23.50 than they are to the next-closes resistance level at $29. With plenty of room to run until shares hit selling pressure again, I'd recommend being a buyer here as long as you've got a tight stop in place. To see these stocks in action, check out the at Most-Active Stocks portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Jonas Elmerraji in Baltimore.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV