Pepco is launching a new home energy efficiency program designed to help residential customers save money by giving them details about their energy consumption that they can use to make more informed choices.
Pepco has randomly chosen 50,000 Maryland customers to receive Home Energy Reports, which anonymously compare a customer’s household energy usage with nearby homes of similar size and makeup.
The reports do not identify individual customers but instead anonymously group energy usage information.
In addition to the energy use analysis, the reports will include conservation tips and advice.“The goal is to give our customers the types of information they can use to save energy and money,” said Charles Dickerson, Pepco Holdings Inc. Vice President, customer care. “We believe this program gives our Maryland customers another powerful tool to help them save money and take meaningful steps to control their energy usage.” Pepco is working with Opower to administer the Home Energy Reports program. Opower is a nationally recognized local company that partners with utilities to save customers energy and money as well as reduce carbon emissions. The Home Energy Reports program is funded by EmPOWER Maryland and supports Gov. Martin O’Malley’s EmPOWER Maryland initiative to reduce energy consumption in the state by 15 percent by the year 2015. For more information about Pepco and for updates, visit www.pepco.com, www.facebook.com/PepcoConnect, and follow Pepco at www.twitter.com/PepcoConnect. Pepco, a subsidiary of Pepco Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: POM), delivers safe, reliable and affordable electric service to more than 788,000 customers in Maryland and the District of Columbia. Opower, the leading provider of customer engagement solutions for the utility industry, works with over 75 utility partners in six countries to help utility customers make smarter decisions about their energy use.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV