Softbank's reported offer would represent, at maximum, a $6 share price, according to Evercore Partners analysts, which would come at a single digit premium to Sprint's 2012 stock highs. Meanwhile, Jonathan Schildkraut of Evercore writes in a research note to clients that Softbank's deal would do little to alter Sprint's fundamental challenges, except to give it a deep pocketed financial backer.
While reports range greatly on Softbank's share stake proposal, Craig Moffett of Bernstein Reseach notes the expected takeout offer gives Sprint little credit for its in-process wireless network upgrade. "
On the heels of MetroPCS and T-Mobile's announced merger earlier in October, Citigroup analyst Michael Rollins added Sprint to the bank's "Most preferred List" of stocks, advocating that investors consider a pair trade where it outperforms MetroPCS through year-end.
Citigroup's bullishness on Sprint is predicated on expected improvements in the company's operating margins and its eventual success in building out a viable nationwide network."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV