- An accommodation jack-up rig and two land rigs have been added to the existing multi-year fleet contract between RigNet Qatar W.L.L. and this major drilling service provider, providing fully-managed remote communications solutions across the Company's fleet
- Services include VoIP, enterprise data and Internet access services, supported by network monitoring tools, 24x7 telephone support services and onsite field services, as required, with backhaul to the Company's office via MPLS connection
HOUSTON, Oct. 11, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- RigNet, Inc. (Nasdaq:RNET), a leading global provider of managed remote communications solutions to the oil and gas industry, today announced that its Qatar subsidiary, RigNet Qatar W.L.L., has been chosen by a major drilling services provider active in Qatar to deliver managed network solutions for one additional offshore accommodation jack-up drilling rig and two additional land drilling rigs in the company's fleet. These services have been added to an existing five-year fleet contract between RigNet Qatar W.L.L. and this important customer.
A high-performance and secure network is a high priority for the oil and gas community, ensuring effective and reliable communications, both offshore and onshore, as well as access to business-critical IT applications. As part of the contract, RigNet Qatar W.L.L. will deliver an end-to-end network solution, ensuring the customer derives greater value from its network services through increased standardization and innovation. The solution includes network design, equipment and installation, as well as service and 24/7 network monitoring and support from RigNet's new Global Network Operations Center.''We are very proud and wish to thank this world-class drilling services provider for selecting RigNet's managed remote communication services for these additional remote assets," said Chris C. Lambert, General Manager of RigNet's Middle East, North Africa and Central Asia Region with headquarters in Doha, Qatar. "I believe this is another testament to RigNet's commitment to service quality, reliability, and local Qatar market strength,'' he added.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV