Berkshire has become increasingly popular as a trade for both technical and fundamental investors ever since the split in B shares brought prices down into the double digits. While the price difference between the two classes is huge, an arbitrage mechanism means that both classes look the same from a technical standpoint: They're both trending higher.The uptrending channel in Berkshire is a buying opportunity, but it's one that requires a little bit of patience right now. Shares have done a good job of participating in the rally that started this summer, and now near channel resistance, they're starting to correct. As long as BRK's shares stay within the channel, the correction is just that, not a signal to sell. The best time to buy a stock that's in an uptrending channel comes at support -- it's the place where shares have the furthest to move back up to resistance (the top of the channel) and where they have the least distance to move through support. Since a breakdown below support means that the channel is broken, it's a logical place to put a stop below. That means minimal risk. With Berkshire still around the channel's midpoint, opportunistic buyers would be well advised to wait a little while before jumping in.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV