MARTINSVILLE, Va. (AP) â¿¿ Titanium production is under way at RTI International Metals Inc.'s new $135 million plant in Martinsville, Va.
Pittsburgh-based RTI says the plant produced its first certified commercial aerospace titanium product on Thursday.
Gov. Bob McDonnell and executives from RTI and Airbus attended a ceremony at the plant to mark the beginning of production.
Much of the plant's output will be used by Airbus to produce its passenger jets.RTI president, CEO and vice chair Dawne Hickton says the Martinsville plant is a key addition to the company's ability to meet Airbus' expanding titanium needs. EADS and Airbus senior vice president Eric Zanin says the plant expands the companies' long-term partnership with RTI.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV