In addition, Charles Pointe will add significantly to its retail component, and will construct a baseball stadium and sports complex that will be home to local minor league baseball and hockey teams. The approved master plan also includes new neighborhoods, walking trails, community parks and sports fields, additional hotels, multiple civic facilities, a "restaurant row," several shopping centers, a full-service resort, a vacation resort and a community center.
Charles Pointe has already generated interest from national retailers and residential builders, minor league baseball and hockey teams, and commercial interests attracted by the proximity of North Central West Virginia Airport. The proximity of government agencies such as NASA and the FBI is also a drawing card for hotel and commercial tenants.
The State of West Virginia created the Charles Pointe Economic Opportunity Development District to fund and otherwise support job creation and economic expansion. The development has the backing of legislators as evidenced by the real estate and sales TIFs approved by the West Virginia legislature that will "…not only increase commercial activities in the Charles Pointe development district but … will enhance the entire North Central area of West Virginia, which is the current home of the FBI, United Hospital, the North Central West Virginia Airport, and the Benedum Aerospace and Industrial Park…" said West Virginia Governor Earl Ray Tomblin.
"As is confirmed by the Governor's statements and support, the region is being transformed from a coal-centric model to an economic cluster of four or five different industries which together provide greater opportunities for our community and the region," said Mark Dellana, Executive Director of Development for Genesis Partners. "The diversity of opportunities here at Charles Pointe and the wide range of industry leaders making their home here made partnering with Jones Lang LaSalle the perfect fit with their experience and expertise in all of these areas."Key leaders in the collaboration include Dellana, Dordick, Elliott and Kathleen Sain, Esq., of Sain Development, LLC. For more information on the project, contact:
- Pete Dordick, Development Manager, mobile/ 303 260 6507 or email@example.com
- Mike Elliott, Brokerage Team Leader, mobile/ 303 260 6519 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV