Joe Biden vs. Paul Ryan -- 2012 VP Debate Blog
Following last Wednesday's wonky presidential debate, voters should prepare for a much more dynamic battle between two men who are well versed in tense legislative procedure.
"The bar is much lower for Paul Ryan; he just has to get through the 90 minutes without a major gaffe and everyone will think he handled himself really well," said Di Martino.
"Biden still has to answer for the past four years ... but unless there's a wipeout ... debates rarely move numbers -- the zingers are the types of things that we remember years later and say the campaign shifted at that moment. The reality is usually different," said Boucher.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average lost 19 points, or 0.14%, to close at 13,326, closing more than 100 points below a high for the day of 13,428. The S&P 500 rose less than a point, 0.02%, to close at 1433, breaking its four-day losing streak. The Nasdaq fell more than 2 points, or 0.08%, to settle at 3049.-- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV