Joe Biden vs. Paul Ryan -- 2012 VP Debate Blog
Following last Wednesday's wonky presidential debate, voters should prepare for a much more dynamic battle between two men who are well versed in tense legislative procedure.
"The bar is much lower for Paul Ryan; he just has to get through the 90 minutes without a major gaffe and everyone will think he handled himself really well," said Di Martino.
"Biden still has to answer for the past four years ... but unless there's a wipeout ... debates rarely move numbers -- the zingers are the types of things that we remember years later and say the campaign shifted at that moment. The reality is usually different," said Boucher.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average lost 19 points, or 0.14%, to close at 13,326, closing more than 100 points below a high for the day of 13,428. The S&P 500 rose less than a point, 0.02%, to close at 1433, breaking its four-day losing streak. The Nasdaq fell more than 2 points, or 0.08%, to settle at 3049.-- Written by Joe Deaux in New York. >Contact by Email. Follow @JoeDeaux
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV