Joe Biden vs. Paul Ryan -- 2012 VP Debate Blog
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Joe Biden and Paul Ryan Thursday night will outline their running mates' vision of the next four years in a vice presidential debate that will almost surely provide a clash of entertainment.
Biden, who four years ago tried to avoid the perception of a bully, could come out lunging at Ryan, who is a more-than-capable adversary in this 2012 contest.
"I think Paul Ryan is going to be more than equipped to hold Joe Biden accountable on the spot," said Andrew Boucher, former national political director of Rick Santorum's 2012 campaign. "Joe Biden, he's genial, he's likable, he has a connection with the voters that I think is easy to underestimate, and he is proven to be a fierce debater."During his 2008 debate, Biden had the advantage of being able to attack the Bush administration's record of the previous eight years to bolster his argument that voters needed a change. This year, though, Biden must defend the record of running mate Barack Obama's past four years. It should offer Ryan a bit of wiggle room when it comes to his attacks. However, Ryan has a decade-long history of legislating in Congress on which Biden could launch a counter-attack, with issues such as the budget, health care, social issues and taxes, among others. "It will be interesting to see how Ryan does in a format where he's going to get, hopefully, some direct questions about their platform, and
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV