In August, a California court found Samsung guilty of infringing upon six out of eight Apple patents, and awarded Apple a record sum of $1.05 billion in damages.
The U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, ruled the lower district court in in California "abused its discretion in entering an injunction," Reuters reported.
Some saw the Apple win as potentially changing the technology landscape forever, with patents becoming more powerful than good hardware, software and marketing techniques.Apple shares were lower following the court ruling, losing 1.13% to trade at $633.69. Interested in more on Apple? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock. -- Written by Chris Ciaccia in New York >Contact by Email. Follow @Commodity_Bull
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV