NEW YORK (AP) â¿¿ Shares of Stillwater Mining Co. tumbled Thursday, after the palladium and platinum producer announced plans to sell $300 million in notes.
THE SPARK: The Billings, Mont.-based company wants to sell $300 million of convertible senior notes due 2032. The company also plans to grant the offering's underwriters a 30-day option to buy up to an additional $45 million in notes to cover possible overallotments.
THE BIG PICTURE: The notes will pay interest semi-annually and will be convertible, under certain circumstances and during certain times, into cash, stock or a combination, at the company's choosing.
Stillwater plans to use net proceeds from the offering to repay some debt that may come due in March. Any additional proceeds may be used for general corporate purposes.THE SHARES: Down 88 cents, or 7.2 percent, to $11.25 in midday trading, after dipping as low as $11.10 earlier in the session. Over the past 52 weeks, the company's shares have traded between $7.47 and $15.24.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV