NEW YORK, Oct. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq: JBLU), New York's Hometown Airline™ announced today the first-ever one-day music festival at its home terminal with featured artists from CMJ Music Marathon. The CMJ Music Access Live From T5 concert will take place on Wednesday, Oct. 17, 2012 at 1 p.m. This collaboration with CMJ is the first music showcase partnership in Live From T5's three-year history. As CMJ's five-day music marathon kicks off in New York, a Live From T5 show featuring Icona Pop, JJAMZ, Matt Sucich and Kate Earl will serve as the perfect addition to the world's most important platform for new music discovery. This Live From T5 concert will be held post-security at JetBlue's Terminal 5 (T5) at John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK) in New York. Focusing on enhancing the overall customer experience, Live From T5 performances are available exclusively to JetBlue ticketed customers and contest winners.
To celebrate its first multi-artist concert, fans can tweet # TrueBlueAccess to be entered into a sweepstakes for a chance to win two passes to Live From T5 plus two badges for all-week access to CMJ Music Marathon from Oct. 16-20. The TrueBlue Access contest ends on October 11 at 11:59PM ET. Additionally, several notable music blogs and sites will also provide fans with a chance to win all-day access to the Live From T5 show.The weeklong CMJ Music Marathon features more than 1,300 bands playing in over 80 venues throughout New York, and is a longstanding platform for musical discovery, having introduced notable artists, such as Lady Gaga (2008), Mumford & Sons (2009), Avicii (2010) and Gotye (2012). CMJ is an ideal partner for Live From T5, a one-of-a-kind concert series that celebrates new and independent artists, as well as mainstream mainstays. "JetBlue has a lot in common with CMJ. Pairing CMJ Music Marathon with Live From T5 provides customers and fans with intimate access to one-of-a-kind musical performances, creating perfect synergy," said Lisa Borromeo, JetBlue's Director of Brand Management and Advertising. "Live From T5 concerts are an unexpected treat for our customers and ultimately enhance their travel experience." Artists performing at the CMJ Music Access Live From T5 concert include:
- Icona Pop - an electro-pop duo made up of Aino Jawo and Caroline Hjelt. Hailed as one of the best songs of the summer by Entertainment Weekly, Washington Post, Pitchfork and The Fader, this Swedish sensation have taken the States by storm by brandishing their in-your-face, ode to the '90s, electronic masterpiece "I Love It." The song will be featured on the forthcoming Iconic EP, set for release on October 16, 2012.
- JJAMZ - a pop band comprised of James Valentine (Maroon 5), Jason Boesel ( Rilo Kiley/Bright Eyes), Alex Greenwald (Phantom Planet), Michael Runion, and Z Berg ( The Like). The band name is an acronym using the first letter of each member's first name. JJAMZ was formed as a means of escape from each member's respective bands. Their freshman album, Suicide Pact was released on July 10, 2012. The song "Heartbeat" was featured in a promotional video for an upcoming update for the social media site MySpace.
- Matt Sucich – The Astoria, Queens-based singer-songwriter who performed at Bonnaroo in 2012 is known for his soothing voice and heart-breaking lyrics. What appear at first glance to be simple love songs quickly reveal a Wilco- and Iron & Wine-like depth.
- Kate Earl - Not long ago, this remarkable young singer was living in tiny Chugiak, Alaska, nursing musical ambitions between shifts at her parents' gas station. After a move to Los Angeles, Kate released a couple major label albums that garnered acclaim and placements on network TV, yet the process left her lost in someone else's vision. Kate re-emerges and flourishes on her Downtown Records debut Stronger. Written and recorded with a crew of well-respected Californians, including Brett Dennen and Blake Mills, Stronger shows off the development of a singular voice and finds this thoughtful songwriter coming into her own. With the LP set for release November 19, the first single, "One Woman Army," came out in September.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV