Targacept, Inc. (NASDAQ: TRGT), a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing novel NNR Therapeutics ™, today announced that its scientists are scheduled to make several poster presentations at Neuroscience 2012, the 42 nd annual meeting of the Society for Neuroscience, being held in New Orleans from October 13 through October 17, 2012. The data to be presented are based on research conducted over the last year and provide additional support for the potential of NNR Therapeutics as a novel treatment approach for multiple diseases and disorders.
Targacept scientists are scheduled to make a total of nine presentations at the conference, providing data for compounds such as:
- AZD1446, a product candidate being pursued in collaboration with AstraZeneca, scheduled for Tuesday, October 16 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time; and
- TC-8831, a late preclinical product candidate for Parkinson’s disease or L-dopa-induced dyskinesia, scheduled for Sunday, October 14 at 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time.
A complete list of the presentations is available upon request.
About TargaceptTargacept is developing a diverse pipeline of innovative NNR Therapeutics™ for difficult-to-treat diseases and disorders of the nervous system. NNR Therapeutics selectively modulate the activity of specific neuronal nicotinic receptors, unique proteins that regulate vital biological functions that are impaired in various disease states. Targacept’s clinical pipeline includes multiple Phase 2 product candidates, all representing first-in-class opportunities. Targacept leverages its scientific leadership and diverse pipeline to attract significant collaborations with global pharmaceutical companies. For more information, please visit www.targacept.com. TARGACEPT Building Health, Restoring Independence® About the Society for Neuroscience The Society for Neuroscience (SfN) is a nonprofit membership organization of scientists and physicians who study the brain and nervous system. Since its inception in 1969, the Society has grown from 500 members to over 40,000. Today, SfN is the world's largest organization of scientists and physicians devoted to advancing understanding of the brain and nervous system.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV