The satellite radio specialist climbed 4.76% on heavy volume during Wednesday's trading.
The New York-based company reported Wednesday 445,921 net subscriber additions during the third quarter, ending the period with a record 23,365,383 subscribers. The company also raised its net subscriber additions guidance for 2012 from 1.6 million to 1.8 million.
"These strong net additions produced our best third quarter since the merger and exceeded third quarter 2011 subscriber growth by 34%," noted Sirius CEO Mel Karmazin, in a statement.Sirius was also one of the most active premarket Nasdaq stocks on share volume of 537,504. Facebook (FB) shares rose 1.12% to $19.86 on share volume of 146,251. The social networker's stock lost 2.85% during Wednesday's trading after a Bloomberg report questioned whether the firm tried to hide risks in its business model prior to its IPO earlier this year. The risks, however, were highlighted in the company's initial filing on Feb.1. Shares of Apple (AAPL), which is rumored to be planning an iPad Mini launch, rose 0.79% to $645.98 before market open. The Cupertino, Calif.-based company was another active premarket Nasdaq stock on share volume of 119,173. Groupon (GRPN) shares gained 0.79% to reach $5.09 in premarket trading on Thursday. The Chicago-based company tumbled 4.17% during Wednesday's trading after eBay (EBAY) entered the daily deals space. --Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV