OCEANPORT, N.J., Oct. 11, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CommVault (NASDAQ: CVLT) -- New dynamics in cloud computing and virtualization are driving a data explosion and an ever-increasing need to create agile, scalable IT infrastructures that offer shared resources in the data center and beyond. In an effort to help organizations quickly scale and manage the dynamic needs of business-critical applications, CommVault today announced that its Simpana® 9 data and information management platform is fully integrated with Microsoft Corp.'s Cloud OS, including Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V and Windows Azure.
With more than a decade of alliance and interoperability with Microsoft's server platforms, CommVault Simpana software enables easy migration to Windows Server 2012 and takes advantage of the latest innovations in data protection and automation to deliver high performance, reliable applications and services across private, hosted and public clouds.
- Perform live migration of VMs across the data center or between the data center and the Windows Azure cloud by utilizing the VM backup and restore features of Simpana software and its immediate support for Windows Server 2012.
- Simpana software users can use the Windows Azure cloud as a retention tier and alternative to tape-based backup by seamlessly migrating archive data to the cloud for cost-effective, secure long-term storage.
- CommVault is committed to helping joint customers increase the business value of information through unprecedented data and information management scale, performance, cost savings and access across the full range of Microsoft environments, including Microsoft SharePoint, Exchange, SQL Server and Windows Server Hyper-V virtualization — both on-premise and in the Windows Azure cloud.
- Microsoft currently sells Windows Azure cloud data management solutions including Simpana software. These pre-configured cloud bundles include up to 62TB of Windows Azure cloud storage capacity and Simpana 9 Express Software to deliver archiving and backup capabilities for enterprises coping with massive amounts of data and long-term retention and compliance requirements.
- As a worldwide Microsoft Technology Center (MTC) partner, CommVault offers technical support, demonstrations and trials working alongside some of Microsoft's best technical personnel for those that want to test and see Simpana software in action.
- CommVault and Microsoft will be demonstrating how Simpana software makes upgrading to Windows Server 2012, migrating to Windows Server Hyper-V virtualization and integrating with the Windows Azure cloud easy and trouble-free during the Cloud OS Signature Event Series and at the upcoming Microsoft SharePoint Conference 2012, November 12 – 15, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas.
- CommVault® Simpana® 9 software
- More on CommVault and Microsoft
- Randy De Meno's Microsoft blog
- VIDEO: Always Up and Always On: Windows Server 2012 and Azure Cloud OS Platform
- More CommVault news
- Subscribe to CommVault RSS feeds
- Follow CommVault on Twitter
- Follow CommVault on Facebook
- Watch CommVault videos on YouTube
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV